Canberra City Bowling Club is one of the oldest sporting institutions in Australia's National Capital. The club can trace its origins back to 1928, the year after the official opening of the Federal Parliament in Canberra. In 1930, the club opened its first green at its site in Braddon. An amazing location - at the base of Mt Ainslie and walking distance to the City's Centre.
The Club, now part of the Ainslie Group of clubs, still maintains lots of its old fashion charm. A popular meeting place for locals and bowlers alike, the Club offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- 3 well appointed bowling greens
- an extensive bowls program, including Barefoot Bowls activities
- free coaching from experienced, qualified and willing coaches
- a bar lounge area with large screen TVs, featuring Sky and Foxtel channels
- ACTTAB facilities
- Blakes Restaurant which provides a range of delicious meals and snacks.
- Barefoot Bowls Packages are available for Christmas Parties, Office Parties, Hens and Bucks Parties etc. Check them out here Barefoot Bowls Packages
In it's 86th year Canberra City Bowling Club is taking a new direction. The Ainslie Group will be relocating our Greens and facilities to Gungahlin Lakes in June 2017. Click below to download the site map, showing where we are headed.
Site Plan of New Greens
Latest news on the Move
CCBC Memberships $100: Membership Form
Contact the Club on 6248 7149 - we look forward to helping you